This opening will be open until September 16th.
SNEW is a small organization with about 45 employees in South Norwalk, CT, conveniently located right in the train station. SNEW serves only electric and water utilities in the towns of Norwalk and Wilton in Fairfield County, CT. Job details are in the links below and feel free to contact Nicholas McNamara with any questions.
The position is in a union. Estimated starting salary is in the $80,329-$85,446 range (step 1-3) with annual increases up to step 10. The probationary period is 6 months, after which a step increase is likely; after that it is annual. Successful candidate will have their own office.
- Annual cost of living increases
- Participation in the CMERS pension program shared by many municipalities, vesting after 5 years
- Additional 5% of salary contributed into a SEP-IRA plan.
- 457b retirement plan with choice of 3 providers
- Bring Your Own Device policy with monthly stipend for personal phone use or use company-issued smartphone
- Annual allowance for footwear
- Paid vacation, persona, and sick time
- Annual longevity bonus after 10 years.
- Dental and vision insurance at no cost
- Health insurance with employer-funded HSA accounts ($3,000 individual or $6,000 for families /year)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- Other benefits as described in the union contract
- Job posting link on our website: https://www.snew.org/job/gis-coordinator/ (minimum requirement #3 is not carved in stone)
- It’s also available on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/q-GIS-l-City-of-Norwalk,-CT-jobs.html?vjk=67b2c9b4d13fada1&advn=8256510727878728
- SNEW Service Area and headquarters: https://www.snew.org/about/snew-service-area/
- CMERS pension link: https://www.osc.ct.gov/rbsd/cmers/membretire/employees.htm