Aquarion Water Company
A position is available in the Engineering & Planning Department for a Senior GIS Analyst reporting to Reports to Supervisor of GIS and Records Management. The Senior GIS Analyst is responsible for working along side junior staff and supervising temporary staff related to day to day work and specific GIS and Engineering and Planning projects; providing project management, coordination between operating groups for scheduled work, data analysis, development of mapping, and reporting; providing company wide training and presentations on GIS tools and use; and creating accurate, high quality maps, drawings and facility records that meet or exceed operational needs and company requirements.
Principal Responsibilities & Activities
- Manages critical customer updates in GIS and SAP in coordination with the Customer Service and Water Quality Departments.
- Provides analysis, evaluations, mapping and reporting for operations and engineering projects including but not limited to valve replacement, fire flow testing, flushing, water quality, system pressures, pipeline assessment, the pipeline rehabilitation program, and others as needed or required.
- Creates distribution maps, maintains facility records, and maintains the GIS system to provide necessary data to operating groups; creates site plan maps, easements, route surveys and elevation drawings (in-house or with assistance from an outside firm);
- Provides asset and facility related data and mapping to outside entities and creates specialty maps as needed for projects, presentations, or as otherwise required.
- Provides information regarding the company’s water supply infrastructure as requested internally and externally; creates presentation drawings and exhibits for other departments (in-house or with assistance from an outside firm);
- Coordinates company wide GIS training in cooperation with Supervisor.
- Document GIS workflows and look for new ways to automate GIS and other business processes.
- Performs GIS testing for new enhancements and functionality.
- Manages and assists with Engineering and Planning Projects where appropriate and other projects as assigned;
Know How: BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field plus minimum of seven years’ experience in GIS or water-related fields; advanced knowledge of GIS software systems and related databases required; advanced knowledge of ArcGIS software such as ArcGIS Portal, ESRI apps and SQL Server databases preferred. Familiarity with water-related infrastructure and system operations is required. High level of proficiency with personal computers, office business and GIS system software are required along with excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service experience
Problem Solving: Strong initiative and ability to develop implement and supervise GIS and Engineering and Planning Projects, ability to analyze data to support company infrastructure repair and replacement programs. Must be able to work cooperatively with various departments on the management of projects, GIS updates, training, and emergency operational needs as required.
Accountability: Assist others, share responsibility, fully responsible, and direct others. Also, if applicable, state dollar volume of assets controlled, and number of people supervised, directly and indirectly.
Aquarion Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to AquarionHR@aquarionwater.com, include your phone number and the position in which you are interested.