POSITION: Drafting Specialist (27761)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: SCG-CT-Marsh Hill
- Primary duties include updating and maintaining a GIS system including but not limited to as-built gas facility data, planimetric data and map corrections.
- Perform CAD work for new business main designs.
- Uses computers for reports and record updates. Does other Engineering Office support work, (e.g scanning as-builts, printing facility maps for contractors or other departments, customer lists, and filing hard copy maps). as directed by supervision.
- Operates reproduction equipment and provides copies of facility data as requested.
- Operates imaging equipment and maintains image records.
- Reviews field reports for completeness and maintains as-built facility project record tracking systems and facility attribute records.
- Provides field data capture to support as-built facility records and planimetric map data, as directed by supervision.
- Creates and maintains special purpose distribution system maps, facility details and other drawings or maps, as directed by supervision.
- Answers telephone. Contacts offices of State, City, Town, utilities, and contractors, as directed by supervision.
Skills and Requirements
- Qualified candidates should possess and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the Company’s current GIS software. Candidates must have a GIS certificate or professional experience with GIS. Experience with computer aided drafting application(s) is highly desirable.
- Must have experience with and be able to use computers and related printers/ plotters.
- Must have or demonstrate the ability to understand and learn company construction standards, applicable codes and regulations; Engineering Department drafting standards, practices and procedures.
- Must have or demonstrate the ability to understand and learn company used imaging application(s).
- Must possess knowledge of or demonstrate the ability to understand and learn natural gas distribution industry technology.
- Must be able to interpret and transcribe field notes to and from both paper and electronic records.
- Must have basic training in civil and mechanical drawing and mathematics.
- Must have a MVD license and a good driving record.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country.
To Apply : https://www.indeed.com/applystart?jk=9abf52168800f7f1&from=vj&pos=bottom&mvj=0&jobsearchTk=1g169mq5qq6oo801&spon=0&sjdu=YmZE5d5THV8u75cuc0H6Y26AwfY51UOGmh3Z9h4OvXgNww9H9uCPOH_j5OkfX2PB2Lr7DfU83qy6ilMSvPFMEw&vjfrom=vjs&astse=507aefe7c7906cc7&assa=7993