AVANGRID, an innovative and growing energy company, needs a creative and ambitious college student to join our Site Characteristics team. You will take part in an Internship program to learn our business inside and out. If you are looking to broaden your skills sets and learn more about careers in energy, apply today. For more information on our company, and to apply: 2022 Summer GIS Intern
As part of our program, you will learn about the important role that Geographic Information Systems plays in Natural Gas construction within the GIS team. As a member of the team, you will apply mapping, data management and quantitative measurements to guide decision-making on Gas Pipeline projects in Connecticut. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, is attentive to detail, enjoys taking on new challenges, and is looking to apply a background in GIS to real-world applications.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Participate in a dynamic internship program where you’ll work on several Gas Pipeline projects within the GIS team.
- Work with GIS team colleagues to develop your enterprise geodatabase management and GIS analysis skills.
- Work in an innovative and energized environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Create a comprehensive presentation of your work completed during the program for presentation to the wider organization at the conclusion of the program.
At AVANGRID, we want to grow with you – Here’s what you’ll get:
- Key experiences in Gas Pipeline projects on the GIS team.
- Option to participate in the AVANGRID Mentoring Program.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business through business briefs hosted by AVANGRID senior leaders.
- Opportunities to develop leadership capabilities with leadership development resources.
- Opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with great colleagues from across the globe.
- A focus on innovation and technology.
- A commitment to the environment and providing clean energy.
What you need – Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment & learn quickly
- Creative and innovative thinking
- ArcFM, ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online
- Records research
- Ability to multitask and change focus on tight timelines
Education & Experience Required:
- Currently a sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s or first year in Masters Degree GIS/RS or Geophysical survey studies relevant to career path
- One or more summers remaining prior to the completion of undergraduate or master’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Capabilities (Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
Human Resources defined competencies that are required to be successful in Internship Program. We ask that you add to this pre-existing list specific capabilities / attributes that are required of the participant. It is important to be thorough as these capabilities will be incorporated into the job description for your position which you will complete on the next page.
|Knowledge||Skills & Abilities|
|· In the process of completing Bachelor’s or Masters
· Ability to work 40 hours/week
· Prior experience in an applied science setting is preferred.
· Prior experience using Python or other process automation methods
· Knowledge of ESRI’s desktop editing and mapping toolsets (ArcGIS, ArcFM).
COLLABORATE & SHARE
Values the diversity of our people through sharing information openly, working collaboratively and showing and promoting empathy and flexibility.
GIS Mapping and Records Supervisor
Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation
76 Meadow Street
East Hartford, Connecticut 06108
860.727.3030 | Phone (
860.727.3407 | Fax 7
email@example.com | Email :