Closing date: 2022-05-31
Position: Research Assistant
Organization: Appalachian Mountain Club
Country: United States
State: New Hampshire
Contact: Catherine Poppenwimer
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AMC’s Research Department conducts scientific monitoring and assessment in a range of areas relevant to AMC’s mission, including mountain ecology, climate change, air and water quality, community science, and GIS-based landscape assessments. Research staff also support other AMC staff and departments in multiple ways including providing scientific guidance to the development of AMC public policy positions, supporting facilities and trail management, and developing cartographic products and educational materials.
The Research Assistant will provide a wide range of support services including but not limited to:
– Field data collection
– Management of large datasets
– Statistical and GIS analysis
– Training and supporting seasonal interns and community science volunteers
– Maintaining and deploying field data collection equipment
– Assisting in the development of research publications and public educational materials and presenting research results in both formal and informal settings
– While nominally based at AMC’s Pinkham Notch Visitor’s Center in the New Hampshire, the RA will occasionally need to travel to other AMC facilities and locations and work in the backcountry.
– Other duties as assigned
For more information and to apply, click here.
Founded in 1876, the Appalachian Mountain Club (www.outdoors.org) is the oldest conservation, education and recreation organization in the United States. The AMC promotes the protection, enjoyment, and wise use of the mountains, rivers and trails of the Appalachian region. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies, and procedures.