Dawood is seeking a motivated full-time GIS Technician to support our growing operations in our Sturbridge, MA. office.
This is an entry-to-mid-level, Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician position. This candidate should be enthusiastic about pushing out-of-the-box technical limits to find innovative solutions in a fast-paced team environment.
Primary focus will be on map production, data creation, data integrity, and data management. The GIS Technician will work on multiple concurrent projects while supporting Dawood’s environmental, geotechnical, energy, transportation, civil, and asset management industries.
• Provide quality control of incoming data and GIS database construction and maintenance. Coordinate the transfer of data between GIS and AutoCAD
• Provide submeter GPS support by creating a variety of background layers and import files using Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123, and Trimble Pathfinder Office
• Draft environmental survey data and creates figures, mapbooks, and impact calculations for environmental permitting
• Generate an extensive list of figures in support of geotechnical reports
• Perform complex spatial analysis and tabular analysis including transportation route analyses
• Update and maintain ArcGIS Online web applications and maps including Story Maps and Operations Dashboards
• Follow specific data management and QAQC processes. Maintains and updates spatial data and databases
• Development using Python and Model Builder
• Produce custom GIS data deliverables adhering to client specifications and data schemas
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships across multiple offices and departments
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Urban Planning or similar field
• 1-3 years of professional experience
• Must have intermediate GIS software knowledge and experience with the Esri ArcGIS platform including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, Story Maps, Operations Dashboards, Collector, Survey123, Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, and 3D Analyst
• Must be experienced with data creation, editing, and quality control workflows and possess strong cartographic skills with a proven ability to create high-quality GIS maps and figures
• Experience with office and field environmental workflows and processing of Trimble GPS data in GIS is desired
• GISP is a plus, but is not required
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefit package and competitive wages.
Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Dawood Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Please apply on our website www.dawood.cc/careers, via Indeed or send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org