Registration Opens Today ! http://www.geotechcenter.org/2019-geospatial-technology-skills-competition.html
The GeoTech Center is pleased to announce the 2019 Undergraduate Geospatial Technology Skills Competition! The intent of the competition is to showcase the geospatial technology skills of U.S. undergraduate students. Competing students will create a project that utilizes geospatial technology to address a real-world problem. The student will then present the project and the resulting deliverables as a Poster that not only highlights their use of geospatial technology, but also demonstrates their communication and presentation skills.
The competition is software neutral. There will also be a prize for the best Open Source GIS project given by the Open Source Geospatial Foundation.
Applicants must meet all of the requirements below to qualify for the competition (questions regarding eligibility can be directed to Tom Mueller (Mueller@calu.edu):
- Applicants must be the age of 18 or older;
- Applicants must be enrolled during the Fall 2018 term in a geospatial technology course (e.g., geographic information systems, remote sensing, GPS/GNSS, etc.) or geospatial technology program at an accredited 2-year or 4-year U.S. institution (undergraduate status);
- Applicants must reside in the U.S.;
- All work and cartographic output must be the original work of the applicant;
- Only one entry allowed per student; and
- Only individual student submissions allowed (no group projects).
The winners will be awarded registration, travel and accommodations to the 2019 GeoEd Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. The winners will also present their posters at this conference. Information on
Registration for the competition opens today and closes on March 8, 2019 at 1pm eastern.