Are you interested in supporting community-based efforts to map and document Indigenous land use and knowledge? Do you have a passion for cartography and graphic design? Do you love working with spatial data and have a keen eye for detail? Are you analytical but also able to think outside the box? And do you love sharing your knowledge with community experts so they can learn mapping and GIS technologies? If so, we have an exciting opportunity at Firelight. Apply here.
- Provide support with generating maps, posters and other visually compelling displays and web-based mapping applications.
- Post-process spatial data, including quality control, building metadata, and carrying out data conversions.
- Assist with spatial and qualitative data analysis and coding.
- Regular documentation of field data collection processes and results.
- Manage, store and retrieve information, including map data, field notes, audio and video files.
- Update and track internal content management system and supporting all team members to archive project-related documents and data effectively.
- Conduct community-based research including mapping and documentation of interviews using consistent documentation protocols, as well as field-based data collection using GPS and other data capture tools.
- Deliver training programs relating to mapping, GIS and other information management techniques for Indigenous communities.
To apply: Please respond to our online Indeed ad with a resume and cover letter addressed to John Kelly, Operations Manager by midnight on April 20, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Firelight is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce and specifically to increasing the number of Indigenous employees within our organization. As a result, we encourage all Indigenous applicants to self-identify in our recruitment and staffing processes and preference may be given to these applicants.
Working at the Firelight Group means being passionate about what we do. Be part of our amazing team, with a very exciting future.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent