Dawood Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated GIS Technician for our Sturbridge, MA location.
At Dawood Engineering, Inc., we provide multi‐disciplined consulting services for a wide range of industries encompassing Transportation, Energy, & Land Planning/Site Development. Our engineers and professionals provide Civil Design, Survey and Mapping, Bridge and Structural Engineering, Highway and Traffic Design, Pipeline and Associated Facilities, Geotechnical/Geophysical, Environmental and Water/Wastewater design. We design the critical infrastructure that connects our communities and fuels our economy. Dawood is an Engineering News Record (ENR) Top 500 Design Firm and American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania (ACEC/PA) Diamond Award winning firm. Our goals are the same as when we founded the firm over two decades ago – to serve clients who place their trust in us with quality, timeliness, and professionalism.
This is an entry-to-mid-level, Geographical Information System (GIS) Technician position. Performs standard procedures with a primary focus on map production and data creation, integrity and management. Assists GIS Manager until they are able to carry out a sequence of tasks that will enable them to take on larger assignments independently. Performs basic GIS calculations and assists in the review of more advanced analysis. Works collaboratively with others in a team environment to accomplish objectives.
- Generates figures, mapbooks and exhibits, as needed, to support map production requests using ESRI Desktop 10.4 Suite.
- Updates and maintains ArcGIS Online web applications and maps.
- Follows specific data management and QAQC processes. Maintains and updates spatial data and databases.
- Provides quality control of incoming data and GIS database construction and maintenance. Coordinates the transfer of data between GIS and CAD.
- Completes a wide variety of GIS assignments such as preparing maps and drawings, digitizing data, data mining and spatial analysis.
- Generates surfaces from point cloud data, LiDAR and public data sources.
- Works collaboratively within a variety of industries including survey, energy, transportation, environmental, geotechnical and engineering. Supports internal GIS initiatives used in business analytics.
- Contributes new ideas to improve the GIS department workflows and standards. Enhances workflows with custom Model Building and Python scripting.
Required Skills and Experience
- Four-year college degree.
- 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training
- Intermediate knowledge of ESRI Desktop Suite and various other software programs.
Dawood Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jodie M. Gosselin, GISP
office: 855.432.9663 mobile: 774.230.306