NSF REU Summer Fellow Opportunity
7 weeks during June to August, 2016
The NSF Spatiotemporal Innovation Center (STC) is looking for six undergraduate research assistants to serve as NSF REU Summer Fellows in 2016. Two students will work at George Mason University Site (Fairfax, VA), two at Harvard University site (Cambridge, MA) and two at University of California, Santa Barbara site (Santa Barbara, CA).
This opportunity is supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) I/UCRC and Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Programs which enable undergraduate students to obtain research experience and consider a career path in spatiotemporal domains (e.g., GIS, CS, Geosciences, etc.). NSF REU Student interns will work in a team with graduate students, postdocs, and faculty at one of the three center sites and will conduct research related to spatiotemporal issues. NSF fellows also have the opportunity to attend a professional conference to present their research results. Students may participate in various projects.
To know more about the center, please visit http://www.stcenter.net
Please refer to the “Project” tab on this website for the brief introduction of the undergoing projects.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required.
- Applicants should be able to work as NSF fellows for 7 weeks. Starting date is flexible.
- NSF REU fellows will receive stipend and reimbursement for travel to a conference.
- Applications from underrepresented groups are encouraged.
A complete application includes:
- A CV
- One page double spaced statement of interest.
- Contacts (email and phone #) of two referees.
Application Deadline: Review of application will begin on Feb 29, 2016 and end unitl the position is filled up.
Submit your application at: stcenter.net/stc/REU2016Application
For more information about the NSF REU Fellow Opportunity contact Dr. Min Sun (email@example.com).