The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, Office of Information Management, is currently seeking to fill a 6-month, temporary Seasonal Resource Assistant position to work with the department’s GIS program. The work location is Hartford.
Duties may include:
(1) Providing technical assistance with ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcGIS Online to
(2) Creating new or updating existing documentation and metadata,
(3) Designing and preparing of map services and web maps,
(4) Designing and preparing maps formatted for printing distributed digitally,
(5) Organizing and converting environmental and natural resource information for Connecticut and Long Island Sound for distribution on the web,
(6) Reviewing tabular and spatial data for accuracy, consistency and completeness.
Qualifications: Applicants will need a working knowledge of ESRI ArcMap and ArcCatalog software. The following experience/skills would be a plus: cartography, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and ArcGIS Online. A degree in geography, GIS, or closely related field is preferred.
Pay Rate: Pay rate varies from $11 to $14 per hour depending on skill level. There are no benefits. There are paid holidays after 90 calendar days.
Hours per Week: This is a fulltime position, typically 40 hours per week (plus lunch), Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Some scheduling flexibility is possible.
Anticipated Length of Position: This is a temporary position, lasting approximately six months. A seasonal resource assistant may work a maximum of 1040 hours. The anticipated start date would be approximately June 1, 2015 (and last through at least December 1, 2015).
To apply submit a seasonal employment application, letter of interest, and resume, to:
Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
Bureau of Central Services, Office of Information Management
79 Elm Street, 6th floor
Hartford, CT 06106
email@example.com (email submittals preferred)
The application deadline is May 15, 2015