Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) is currently seeking a GIS Analyst to assist in the development, and distribution of geospatial data, applications and associated products for the SPC’s 10-county regional GIS. This position will support the various transportation, planning and economic development projects and programs at SPC, along with expanding partnerships to the region’s member governments and planning partners.
· Updates and maintains the data components and applications of the GIS applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representation.
· Assists in the designing, developing, and converting spatial databases, GIS coverage’s, GIS applications, cartographic products, standard procedures and documentation for data.
· Reviews existing and incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, and documentation.
· Meets with users to develop system or project requirements.
· Provides addition data collection through the Global Positioning System (GPS)
· Oversees entry of data into database, including application, keyboard entry, manual digitizing, scanning, and automatic conversion.
· All other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Education / Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Remote Sensing, Cartography, Planning, Computer Science, Civil Engineering or related field.
· At least 6 months of related experience working with ESRI GIS software.
· Experience and/or training in cartography, remote sensing, and map analysis.
Salary commensurate with experience/qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information on the Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, visit: www.spcregion.org