Dawood Engineering, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated GIS Technician for our Sturbridge, Massachusetts location. Continue reading
The Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, Division of Natural Heritage, seeks applicants to fill the full-time, classified position of Spatial Ecologist. One of nine ecologists, conservation planners, and GIS specialists in the Information Management Section of the award winning Virginia Natural Heritage Program (VNHP), this position reports directly to the Landscape Ecologist and is responsible for implementing ecological projects that facilitate biodiversity conservation using advanced spatial analysis, modeling, and statistical methods to predict species distributions, assess and map habitats, and address ecological change due to land-use and climate. Continue reading
Earth Reshaped: Designing World Map Projections
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 @ 12:00 PM Continue reading
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) has a job opening for a Science and Data Lead for SERVIR-Mekong. Continue reading
The Minnesota Supercomputing Institute (www.msi.umn.edu/) is hiring a full time geospatial analyst to support research at the University of Minnesota. The successful applicant will join the expanding RIS team (Research Informatics Solutions), currently composed of ten PhD level informatics analysts. RIS was formed specifically to enable cutting edge research as a centralized resource for data analysis expertise. RIS collaborates on research projects with a wide variety of researchers, both internal and external to the University, and across a broad swath of research domains. RIS develops and contributes novel analysis workflows to address the challenges of working with large datasets and emerging data types.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidates will be expected to:
* Serve as an analyst and developer for large scale GIS and remote sensing projects across the University of Minnesota campuses.
* Carry out consultative informatics services and research with researchers and faculty.
* Design and develop appropriate informatics strategies related to GIS and remote sensing as required.
* Develop, prototype, and execute analytic workflows for GIS and remote sensing data.
* Assist in building out analytical infrastructure to support common needs of campus researchers.
* Appropriately document work conducted, both to comply with RIS reporting requirements, and to allow the preparation of any analytic reports required by the principal investigator of the project.
See the following link for more details:
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2017 Continue reading
The DEP’s Bureau of Environmental Planning and Analysis (BEPA) is seeking to hire a Computer Associate to work as a Data Management Administrator in Queens, NY. The applicant will maintain the Project Tracking and Asset Management System (aka “GreenHUB”) and perform various data management and GIS mapping tasks for the NYC Green Infrastructure (GI) Program. Continue reading